Updated: Jul 20, 2021
Developed & Created by Kimberly Tilsen-Brave Heart & Brandon Brave Heart
- Braise 2 lbs of Buffalo meat (1 inch cubes) with half an onion (fine chop), in warmed stock pot with 3-4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Spice 1 tbsp. garlic powder, 2 tbsp. kosher salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. turmeric, and 3-4 bay leaves
- After browned, add Mirepoix (chopped onions, carrots, celery), and can of diced tomatoes.
- Add 2 cups water or stock/broth and simmer on med-low heat for 30-45 mins or until tender. (Stir occasionally, more water or stick/broth may needed) times will vary with size of meat and location
- When meat is tender add 6-8 cups of beef broth/stock or water, bring back to boil
- 6-8 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces or bigger
- Cook an additional 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes, serve, Enjoy!